USA Hockey Nationals Anaheim, CA

USA Hockey Nationals Anaheim, CA
Stinger U12

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hockey Gods

Hard to keep up with the blog with all of the fun the "Invincible Girls" had in Cali.

By now the jet lag has worn off and the lacrosse sticks and softball gloves should be out. I am going to post a final time ... add some videos from the trip and start to sunset the blog.

As the last game headed into overtime and eventually a shoot out, like the Habs fans up north, the Sting faithful started to chant "Go! Sting! Go!"

The chant started quietly enough (I think Bones was the lead cheerleader) ... yet soon a combination of funky rink acoustics and the spirit of the entire group seemed to elevate the chant ... it was (to me anyway) getting louder and louder and louder ... Deb Carlin's fists were pumping high in the air on the bench. I wondered, were the players chanting too?

I was amazed at how loud our small team and small group of fans were...then I looked down and I saw that all around the rink there were kids and fans from other teams joining in. They were clapping and chanting Go! Sting! Go! as well.

There was no doubt our Cinderellas were that darlings of that Anaheim Rink Ball. Everyone (save a few Ducks fans) wanted our tired yet so determined girls to win that game.

When Lauren's shot tingled the twine and the Stingers held their sticks high in the air, I have no doubt that Don Cherry's hockey gods were smiling on our group.

Thanks to all our "followers" ... Go! Sting! Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment